FYI #001: NEVER LIGHT A CANDLE IN AN A/C ROOMSeptember 14th, 2007 | Posted by in Things That Matters
Found this at Friendster Bulletin and from now on I will be posting entries like this…
NEVER LIGHT A CANDLE IN AN A/C ROOM
A friend in our group passed away last week due to carbon-monoxide poisoning. It happened when she lighted an aroma therapeutic candle for the night in a room with air-conditioner ON.
Due to lack of oxygen in the room, the burning of the candle cannot fully oxidize & thus forms dangerous carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide will prevent oxygen exchange in the lungs, resulting in the person dozing off to a state of unconsciousness & eventually death in less than an hour, depending on the room
I am sending this e-mail out to you so that you will be aware of such danger when lighting aroma therapeutic candles in any unventilated room.
Please forward this message to all your loved ones.
Ben Mar – TESDA